Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Medical update

So, I went to my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and right off the bat she determined that I had a bacterial infection; easily curable by antibiotics. Said that my PH balances were off, thus causing the infection...probably caused by some reasction to a medication that I had taken previously. I told her about all the pain that I was having during my period, and off and on during the month, and she felt around and found that my left ovary was "angry" (i.e. painful), but other than that she felt no masses or anything on either ovary..but she was not going to rule out ovarian cysts. She has me scheduled for a pelvic ultrasound next Monday to rule out ovarian cysts and endometreosis. If the ultrasound comes up clean, she plans to do more testing to determine the source of the problem. On top of all of this, the doctor found abnormal white blood cells on my cervix, and she did a scraping of them so she can culture them and find out what is going on with that. It could just be a result of the infection, but she is testing them to rule out pre-cancerous cells.

I'll let you know more next week if I find out anything else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get this funnsun myspace layout