Tuesday, June 06, 2006

God My Life Sucks!

So we finally got Grandpa an appoinment at the Borgess Geriatric Assessment Center for June 12th at 9:30 am. Hopefully they will give us the diagnosis that we already know, that he has Alzheimer's, and we can finally start doing something about it. I got the assessment package Saturday, now all I have to do is fill it out and get Grandpa's medical records from his primary care physician.

In other news, but on the same front, I officially have no life. I called Mom last night to ask her if I could take a week long vacation at the end of August, because I really need a break from Grandpa and school. She said no. It would require her or dad to take time off from work, and they cannot afford to do that, as someone would have to be there to be with Grandpa. And since there is no one else to watch him, it HAS to be me. I'm stressed out and at my breaking point mentally and emotionally, and yet I cannot take a vacation. THIS SUCKS! And I had found such a great deal on a tropical vacation to Cancun....

I'm sick and tired of having to clear everything through my parents. I understand why I have to, yet it makes me feel as though I am a child again. I have to call them and tell them when I am leaving, where I am going, and when I will be back. I have a damn CURFEW! I'm 28, and have a curfew. Yet it if I am not back by around midnight, I run the risk of Grandpa forgetting that I am not home and locking the deadbolt (it's a slider that has no key) and thus getting locked out of the house.

To top things off, everytime I want to go somewhere, even for a few hours, Grandpa pitches a massive fit about wanting to come along, because he "IS SICK AND TIRED OF BEING STUCK IN THE DAMN HOUSE ALL DAY!" Let me get this straight. He golfs 3-4 times a week, and is gone for 4-5 hours a pop. I only get out of the house for class for 2 1/2 hours a day, and then it is straight home, unless I have an errand to run such as grocery shopping. I NEVER get to go and have fun! And I can't take him with me everywhere I go, nor do I want to, because I know that where I want to go he will hate and want to leave after 5 seconds, such as when Val and I tried to go garage saling. So I am stuck at home all the time, and the boredom really gets to me.

I told my mom on yesterday that I want to take a trip to Ireland next May/June as a graduation gift to myself after I graduate next year. She took the information on it, and is looking it over. I am hoping that with giving them a year's notice that I want to go that I will actually be able to make THIS trip. I guess we will have to see.

Sorry for venting, but this situation makes me so frustrated and angry sometimes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get this funnsun myspace layout